Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pro-Breastfeeding Post from The Alpha Parent

While perusing my blogs I normally follow, I came across this post on The Alpha Parent.  I really liked how it talks about how choosing not to breastfeed is going against what nature and God has put in place for us.  And how breastfeeding isn't a choice since it is the next logical step in pregnancy, child birth, and feeding that child.
Check it out and let me know your opinions on it.
http://www.thealphaparent.com/2012/07/formula-feeding-as-choice.html

2 comments:

  1. I commented over there.

    I agree with the entire article; HOWEVER, the omission of not being ABLE to breastfeed irked me. I understand that it may have been intentional, but for someone who had a breast reduction for health reasons, then multiples. Formula feeding was not my choice...but it was what we had to do, unless our babies starved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was pretty much my only point of contention with the article as well. I had double mastitis and my supply completely tanked. He had to have some formula for two weeks before I got my supply back up. This wasn't my choice. It was out of necessity.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They really do make my day. I make every effort to reply to each and every comment.