Tuesday, February 25, 2014

35 weeks: Coconut

Source
Ahh coconuts.  This reminds me of my honeymoon.  Mr. Destructo was trying to knock a coconut from a tree with a plank he found on the beach.  He eventually succeeded in getting one after I nearly peed my pants laughing at how ridiculous he looked, cracked it open, and realized it wasn't ripe.  Good times, good times.  

Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to Costa Rica

How far along: 35 weeks.  This question is really redundant since I title the blog post with what week I am in.  I will actually be 36 weeks tomorrow though.

Total weight gain:  Up 24 pounds again this week.  I am wondering if weight gain will slow way down in the last few weeks like it did with Destructo.  I actually lost two pounds in the final two weeks with him.

 Maternity clothes:  Yes all of them.

 Stretch marks:  I have a few new ones on my hips. Please let my stomach be spared yet again.  Only a few more weeks to go.  Or less.  But not too much less since I did manage to get Destructo's bag packed, but my hospital bag at this point consists of a stack of four clothing items on my dresser and a mental note to bring the camera.

 Sleep:  A tiny bit better than last week but still sucky.  I am at least getting more two hour stretches so that helps.  I feel human like again.  I dread the newborn sleep deprivation torture all over again.  I am a really not nice sucky person when sleep deprived and my fuse is non existent.  This doesn't bode well for taking care of Destructo since a lot of days dealing with his shenanigans takes the patience of a saint.

Best moment of this week:  My baby shower/ sprinkle.  It was so fun to get together with family and friends and celebrate the baby.  And spending time with Destructo.  I am going to miss it being just me and him all the time.  I wish I could have had more time as a stay at home mom with him before the baby came.  I am loving getting to do school work and arts and crafts and outside time every day and I know the baby will throw a kink in that.  Not that I am not excited about the baby, but I just really wish I could have had a bit more stay at home mom to only one kid time.  

 Miss anything:  Not having some sort of pain and being able to freely breathe. 
Movement:   He has had quite a quiet week.  I guess he is running out of room in there and not moving as much.

Food cravings:  Still just milk like always.  Milk is so good.  Quite the conundrum for this lactose intolerant person.

Have you started to show yet:  I am a beached whale.

Gender:  Baby boy who will probably never have a name.  

 Labor signs:  Braxton Hicks and I had some pretty intense period like cramping two nights in a row that was so bad it kept me up.  A few quite painful contractions sporadically.

 Belly button in or out:  Out yuck.

Wedding rings on or off:  My hands are swollen enough now that I am not chancing it.  Same old, same old this week although I still can get them on my hands.

Happy or moody most of the time:   Excited to meet the baby, but anxious for time to pass and life to settle back into it's new normal once he is here.  I really hate change and I dread getting used to taking care of two kids and figuring out how to best manage Captain Destructo when I can't devote 100% of my time to him.  Oh and for sleep.  I like sleep.  I dread sleep deprivation if I haven't already mentioned that.