Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Week 36: Honeydew

Source
Kai's favorite fruit is the fruit of the week.  He loves honeydew so much.  Which is weird because I don't and I don't think Mr. Destructo really cares for it all that much either.  

How far along: 36 weeks.  Although I am actually 37 weeks today.  Kai has had a weird stuffy nose/ hoarse voice/ occasional fever.  Then Mr. Destructo has dental issues that have had him in a lot of pain.  So long story short very little blogging has been going on.  I got all set to do a blog post last night and decided to start having contractions that were so painful I went to bed instead.  

Total weight gain:  Up 25 pounds again this week.  

 Maternity clothes:  Yes all of them.  Even a lot of my maternity shirts aren't long enough at this point to cover my darn belly.  I have taken to wearing Mr. Destructo's shirts around the house just to not have a cold belly.

 Stretch marks:  My hips and butt look awful.  My stomach is still spared.  Please stay that way belly.

 Sleep:  Up every hour.  On a good night I might get a two hour stretch or two.

Best moment of this week:  Hanging out with an old friend we hadn't seen in awhile on Saturday or going consignment sale shopping with my sister.

 Miss anything:  Not having some sort of pain and being able to freely breathe.   Baby butt not being in my ribs.  Lunch meat.  

Movement:   He was more active again this week.  I have a baby butt firmly implanted in my rib cage.  He is positioned fairly good if I can just get him to flip slightly more.  But head down and his back is to the proper side so that is promising.  I am obsessed with his position because malpositioning was the reason for my 74 hour labor with Destructo.

Food cravings:  Not this week.

Have you started to show yet:  A lot.  I kind of think I might be smaller though than I was with Destructo at this point.  I need to take a picture and compare.  The midwife said that this isn't going to be a very big baby.  She estimates him to be no more than 7 pounds (which is similar to what Destructo was at 7 lbs. 1 oz.)  

Gender:  Baby boy who will probably never have a name.  

 Labor signs:   Nearly nightly now I have some pretty intense period like cramping and last night I was up for two hours with actual contractions that were quite painful.  I thought it might be labor but thankfully it went away after two hours.  I need at least one more week to let Mr. Destructo recover from his dental work and be at his prime to help me get through my hopefully natural labor.

 Belly button in or out:  Out yuck.

Wedding rings on or off:  My hands are swollen enough now that I am not chancing it.  When I make a fist my fingers almost get stuck.  Ugh.  My feet are a bit swollen as well but not as bad as my hands.

Happy or moody most of the time:  Moody this week.  Too much stress and too little sleep.