Saturday, August 25, 2012

Woolzies Dryer Ball Review

I got a wonderful opportunity to review Woolzies dryer balls and once that was done to offer one lucky reader a set of these dryer balls.  I have to say I was very pleased with these dryer balls.

According to the Woolzies website, "Woolzies are pure handmade New Zealand wool dryer balls that soften your laundry naturally without any of the chemicals of conventional fabric softeners. Unlike the plastic dryer balls, they are PVC free and won't fall apart or melt on you. Woolzies save time and energy by cutting down on drying time by an average of 25% per load. They also help reduce static and wrinkles."

I found all of these to be true.  I have a super crappy old dryer that takes 2+ hours for a large load.  But since I have been using these, it has been down to about 1.5 hours.  For anything other than super large loads, it was closer to the hour or 1.25 hour range.

Since I use cloth diapers on Destructo, I haven't been able to use any fabric softeners or dryer sheets to soften my clothes and/or prevent static cling.  In the effort of full disclosure, this is not a time of year that I have huge static problems anyways so while it does seem to have cut back on the little static I did have the verdict is still out until winter when I have bad static problems.  The only pants I have that get static now are my work scrubs and I noticed no static.  The company also said to ball up a piece of aluminum foil the same size as the dryer balls and to put that in for further static control.

Wrinkles were much reduced in my husbands work shirts which is nice since my idea of ironing is to throw them in the dryer with a wet wash rag.  Ta da ironed.  I know, I know, I am quite the domestic goddess.  They can be used to leave a nice smelling scent on your clothes as well.  The company included a note in with the dryer balls that said to put a few drops of pure essential oils in your scent of choice directly on the dryer balls and that will leave your clothes lightly scented.  I did not try this just because I am not one of those people that need scent to their clothes as long as they don't smell dirty!

When I first started thinking that dryer balls might be for me, I wondered if they would be very loud.  Honestly they aren't.  My dryer is super loud anyways since it is old and the door doesn't close quite right, but I don't notice a whole lot of additional noise.  I have even turned the dryer on at night (which I don't normally do because of the chance of fire but I needed a pair of shorts for the morning) and it didn't keep me up at all and I am a super light sleeper.

Finally, I highly recommend these products.  The top things I like are that these dryer balls will last about year, are all natural, reduce static cling, can be used even if you have wool allergies, and are handmade.  But I can say the biggest perk in my book was the reduced drying time which in turns reduces energy and saves money.  Oh and an added perk is that Destructo loves to steal the "baaaals" out of the dryer and toss them around.

I swear I did NOT just steal this out of the dryer


If you are interested in buying these,  you can get a set here.  They are 35.99 for a set of six with free shipping to the US and Canada and 6.95 shipping elsewhere in the world.  You won't regret buying them!

Disclosure:  I was given a set of these Woolzies dryer balls for free to review and keep and they are providing a set to one reader.  I was not paid to review them and all opinions are honest and my own.    See my full disclosure policy tab for more information.
 

18 comments:

  1. Quicker drying tome sounds good to me! and that they last a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have other wool dryer balls and I love them, I'd love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try dryer balls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am entering for sure, thanks for the follow, I am following you back from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love not to have to use fabric softener anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm teaching him to juggle. He has almost got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we have broken windows, you remember those juggling lessons. :)

      Delete
  7. I would love to give these a try. Thank you for the giveaway opportunity. Hugs P.S> thank you for sharing at the hop my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that they speed up drying time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that they reduce Static Cling!! Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love not to have to use fabric softener anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutting down on drying time and saving me money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try out woolly balls in the dryer to reduce static cling. We tend to have a lot of static in our clothes... this would be perfect! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Quicker dryer time = less electricity = lower bill! YES PLEASE! :)

    Maggie Ann True Armstrong
    maggie at pdclarion dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The reduced drying time! I'd love for my cloth diapers to dry faster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always wanted to try one of these! Thank you for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the name of your blog! i can totally identify! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They really do make my day. I make every effort to reply to each and every comment.