Monday, January 7, 2013

Goals 3-5

I am going to group my last three goals since two of the three won't be interesting enough to warrant a full blog post.

3)  Read my Bible daily.  I started this in the last three months of 2012 and have done better, but not great.  I started a Bible study with a wonderfully awesome lady at work and I have learned so much from her.  What is funny is that while I was doing this a few nights back, I opened my Bible up randomly and happened upon this:
Hebrews 12:1  Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

What a perfect verse for me to stumble upon on a day that for whatever reason I had a particularly bad jogging session and was achy and sore.  I hope to discover more truths like this.  I want to raise Destructo to be a good and Godly man and learning more about the truths of the Bible will help me do just that.

4)  Get back into being a couponing queen.  Before Destructo was ever conceived, I was a couponing queen.  Okay I was never as good as the ladies on television but a part of that was that I refuse to become a hoarder and buy 82 rolls of paper towels when I only have room for 30.  But I had a well stocked pantry and occasionally even had to buy a dog toy because I had so many coupons that my groceries ended up being in the negative amounts after coupons.  I kept up with it just at Publix for one year and I had saved nearly 2500 dollars with coupons.

I know that I will probably never get that good again, at least not while I am working full time as a toddler.  But I hope to get back into it on a small scale so that once I am a stay at home mom, I can really save some money that way.

Here are my favorite blogs for couponing:
http://www.southernsavers.com/
5)  Work on improving my blog.
As you guys have probably noticed, I have a new look.  It isn't finished yet either so stay tuned.  I will also "introduce" you guys to the lovely lady who is responsible for this awesomeness once she is finished.  But other than look wise, I hope to start a blog hop about mommy fails/ realistic parenting etc at some point in 2013 and also not focus solely on  Destructo.  But also start blogging about me and my goals etc.  I figure you guys "know" Destructo, now you can get to know the mommy behind Destructo a bit more as well.  It will also let me remember who I am since that can so often get lost in the craziness of raising children.

And who wouldn't want to get to know this person better?


 Linked up at:
Better Mom Monday
Women Helping Women 

7 comments:

  1. yay for the new look! It's awesome!! Good goals to have. I like to read Money Saving Mom too but have not got onto the couponing game. It's awesome that you saved 2.5K once!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am loving it so far. I wish I could save 2.5K every year. Maybe one day when I don't have a toddler running like crazy scattering all my piles of coupons as he goes by. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I don't know what it looked like before, but I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a couple of the same goals! I started doing #writetheword to help me not only remember to read everyday, but also to read with intention (instead of my eyes glazing over! oops!!) I also need to get back into the couponing swing of things. During the holidays we were in a get-what-we need-when-we-have-the-money-to-get-it way and I need to get back my good frugal habits! Site looks great! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get the eyes glazing over thing. That happens to me as well.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They really do make my day. I make every effort to reply to each and every comment.