Thursday, February 13, 2014

Big Boy Beds can Bite Me

Destructo has never been a great sleeper by any means.  But since I moved him into his big boy room and bed, he has been fighting sleep so badly.  He says he hates his new bed and wants his cribbie.  I feel bad for him.  I really do but putting him back in the crib really isn't an option with a baby due in less than six weeks.  (Cue panic here)

So we have been pushing through.  Last night he didn't go to sleep until 10:30 and woke up this morning around 6:30.  He told me he was super tired and wanted to go nap at 11:50 which is quite a bit earlier than normal.  I laid him down and he then proceeded to scream about how much he hates his bed and isn't tired.  You asked to go to sleep early buddy.  I told him he had to have quiet time even if he didn't sleep.  I went to spring him from captivity two hours later and he had finally just fallen asleep.  

Yay I won that round.  But now it is 9:23 and he is in there rolling around, yelling random things, and not sleeping.  He has also taken to destroying his room without ever leaving his bed.  It is pretty darn impressive I tell ya.  

Someone who has been through this transition lie to me and tell me it will get better.  He does seem to really like his new fireman room during the day time.  Just not when it comes time to sleep.  Man if only I knew when I was a toddler what I know now.  Naps are precious and I would take a long one every day if I could.