Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Carnival of Natural Mothering: April 2014

This month's topic in the Carnival of Natural Mothering was what you wish you knew.  
Remember when you got your first positive pregnancy test? What do you wish that woman knew? Write a letter of love and encouragement to that awesome mama just starting her journey.


Well I have already written two very similar posts to this topic, so I am including links to them below this instead of saying the same things over and over.  Lord knows I repeat myself enough without meaning to.  

I will add a few new thoughts though about what I wish I had knew as soon as the pregnancy test turned positive the second time around.  I wish I knew how much Destructo would truly love his baby  brother.  He hasn't been jealous of the baby at all and wakes up looking for "baby brudder."  He is jealous of the attention I have to devote to the baby and hasn't liked the drastic change in his routine but hey this is all new.  Ollie is only a week old.

I wish I had known that leaving Destructo to go to the hospital would hurt nearly as much as my natural birth did.  And that each day he came to visit and had to leave would cut me to the bone.  He did not handle the separation well at all.  

I wish I had known that you can truly love two babies just as much as each other.    I look forward to getting to know Oliver's personality and see how it is the same and different from Destructo.  

Here are the promised links:
Top Ten Things I Wish I had Known as a New Breastfeeding Mom


A Letter to Myself on my First Night as a Mom