Monday, May 5, 2014

Colic Equals Hell

The title says it all.  Colic is a living hell.  It is the main reason that the blog has went silent.  And for some reason every time I type that the song "When the lights go out in the city...." plays in my head and I don't know why.  Random I know.  I am pretty random since having a newborn all over again.  But I am here to tell you almost six weeks in and I am starting to feel more human like again.

The first six weeks were very hard with Destructo and while I will say with Sgt. Screamer it has been far easier, it was still very hard.  I think it was easier in that I knew what to expect.  I knew that letting him cry while I was doing vital things such as cooking, peeing, tending to my other child wasn't going to kill him or force him to need psychological help later on in life.  Oh no.  He will seek that for other things.  Like his mothers obsession with hats or dressing him in owls.  I mean he is my little owl lee after all.

This post keeps getting more random.  But as with everything in parenting, you have to trust your mommy instinct.  We took Ollie to the doctor at 2 weeks for his check up and I inquired about reflux.  Destructo had it and had to be on Zantac for six months.  The pedi felt that in Ollie's case it was from over eating.  I agreed at that point since I had overactive let down and a bit of an over supply.  But I am so glad I made the decision to take him back in at five weeks.  He has been such a happy baby since a day after starting him on meds.  Even during his peak colic hours of 6-10 the most he has been is fussy.  Here's to hoping this continues.

I just keep repeating to myself this too shall pass and remembering that the first six weeks were the hardest with Destructo.  Okay check back later for the actual colic post I was intending to right until I got all random.  I am going to give my suggestions for helping you deal with colic.   Oh and keep watching I have a Morkai give away that will be going live in the next few days.