Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Won the Liebster Award


The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person(s) who nominated you. You pass the Award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You’re not allowed to nominate the blog(s) who nominated you! (To get the button, right click the picture on my page and save the picture to your computer. You can then upload to your blog.)

Thank you so much to Camille at Crazy Mama! and Jay at Learning to Play and Playing to Learn for nominating me for this award!  I really appreciate it.

Random facts about me:
1)  I have two younger sisters.
2)  I am terrified of the grey aliens with the big eyes.
3)  I have a dog, cat, turtle, and fish.
4)  I hate tomatoes unless they are cooked.  The seeds really gross me out.
5)  I love Thoroughbred horse racing.
6)  I did an internship on a horse breeding farm.
7)  I go to the Kentucky Derby every year.
8)  I love gardening, but really fail at it.
9)  I stay up way too late just to get some mommy down time.
10)  I have a degree in animal science.
11)  I am a weather geek.

I am nominating these wonderful blogs for this award:
1)  Emily at  Organized Chaos-- Life of a Mom
2)  Mary at A day in the life
3)  Anissa at Chasing Hailey
4)  Julie at The Path to an Organized Tomorrow
5)  Roshni at BIG A little a
6)  Carre at Frugal Foodie Mama
7)  Amanda at My Show
8)  Karen at Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
9)  Randalin at Harvesting Kale
10)  Mindi at Simply Stavish
11)  Jess at Jess And the Boys

Questions I Was Asked:
  1. What was your favorite toy as a kid?   Either playdough, board games, or my kitchen set
  2. What was the last TV show you watched?  Teen Mom maybe?
  3. What was the last food you ate?  spaghetti or pretzels
  4. What food do you wish you had right now?  One of my hubby's delicious omelets
  5. Where would you love to visit?  Australia
  6. Do you play any musical instruments?  Not well
  7. What's your favorite season?  Fall
  8. Has anything exciting happened to you recently, or will it anytime soon?  Not anything too noteworthy.  I hope to get to stay at home with my little man in the next year.
  9. What's something that's been annoying you or bothering you lately?  Molars arggghhh
  10. Who are the first people you would call if you won the lottery?  No one.  I would bask in the glow of being rich with just my hubby
  11. What are the first things you would buy if you won the lottery?  Land to farm
Questions for my Nominees:
1)  What is your favorite food?
2)  What is your dream job?
3)  What did you want to be when you were a little kid?
4)  What was your favorite book as a kid?
5)  What is your favorite color?
6)  What season is your favorite?
7)  What is your favorite holiday?
8)  If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be?
9)  Which chore would you rather do, dust, grocery shop, or laundry?
10)  How many kids did you think you would have as a child?  (I always said I would have twins Adam and Amy.)
11)  What do you look forward to most about fall?

12 comments:

  1. Uncooked tomatoes totally gross me out too...it's nice to see I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindred spirits here. Glad it isn't just me.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the award Melissa...you made my day!
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Liebster!!! I'm excited to be following you.

    Alicia @ http://www.quirktasticadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Mellisa!
    I'm new folower Nani:
    http://hobitanija.blogspot.com/
    http://kajnani-nani.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award!! So sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate uncooked tomatoes too, the juice and seeds are so icky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They really do make my day. I make every effort to reply to each and every comment.